Bartlett Area Chamber: Membership & Community Development Manager
Job Description: Membership & Community Development has the primary function of growing the Bartlett Chamber membership base and enhancing the Chamber’s image throughout the community. Work directly with existing members, new and prospective members, community leaders and the general public. Assist the Chamber and the Bartlett Chamber Foundation in promoting the community’s attributes and in supporting the leadership programs, workforce initiatives and other activities of the Foundation.
- New Member Development – The development manager should be able to convey to local businesses the importance of a strong chamber of commerce and the advantages it offers. The manager should also be able to identify growth industries and companies that are compatible with the local environment and would enhance the Chamber’s membership base.
- Membership Database Management – A chamber of commerce is dependent on a strong membership management system. The development manager is responsible for maintaining current and precise information on all existing and prospective members, elected officials and other civic leaders.
- Legislative Affairs – Knowing our elected officials and the political landscape is important for a chamber of commerce. This position should develop an open dialogue with elected officials and their staff on local, state and national levels. Serve as a conduit between BACC members and their respective elected officials.
- Existing Business Development – Work closely with the Director of Economic Development with existing business calls. Coordinate calls and assist with setting up meetings and follow-up.
Sponsorship Development – Membership dues comprise less than 30% of the BACC’s total revenue budget. The majority of funds come from non-dues sources, i.e., chamber event programming, publications, general sponsorships and economic development. This position is expected to aid in revenue development in all of these categories.
- Community Development – In addition to growing the BACC membership, this position is charged with being involved in activities that help strengthen the overall community. This may be in the form of the Bartlett Chamber Foundation, Bartlett Education Foundation, Bartlett Station Farmers Market, Workforce Development initiatives, and any activities that lends itself to community enhancement.
- Leadership Development – One of the main functions of the Bartlett Chamber Foundation is developing future community leaders. This position will work closely with the BCF Board of Directors in recruiting participants and assisting with other program activities.
JOB EXPECTATIONS AND FULL DESCRIPTION: Click Here>>
COMPENSATION AND BONUSES
The Membership & Community Development Manager will be paid a salary plus commissions and is entitled to all benefits provided the BACC staff. Exceptional performance can be rewarded by a bonus system as determined by the BACC President.
ALL INQUIRIES SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO: Kathy Carl – Director of Operations; firstname.lastname@example.org
President/CEO Crossville-Cumberland County Chamber of Commerce
Cumberland County and the county seat-Crossville-sit on the Cumberland Plateau in middle Tennessee. Within an easy drive of Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanooga, Cumberland County/Crossville create an environment and community atmosphere that is enticing to industry, small business and those wanting the beauty of four distinct seasons. Crossville is known as the “Golf Capital of Tennessee” and that has attracted retirees from all over the nation. The area is home to Fairfield Glade, one of the premiere retirement and vacation resorts in the entire nation which features eleven lakes for boating or fishing, 90 holes of golf, award winning racquet sports facilities, multiple swimming pools, recreation and fitness complexes, miles of paved walking paths and hiking trails. Lake Tansi, a resort community provides another top-notch golf and retirement resort community which also features lakefront cabins, beach, marina, indoor/outdoor pools and more. The community has developed the Horizon Initiative as a collaborative effort to engage in community building and developmental exercises. The Chamber of Commerce serves as the private sector leader for the economic and community development cooperative agreement.
- In conjunction with the Board of Directors and key stakeholders, develop short and long term strategies and programs to serve the interests of the business community.
- Oversee day to day management of the Chamber and Visitors Center including assuring a strong financial position for the Chamber.
- Serve as a public advocate for the interests of the business community through frequent interaction with key public and private stakeholders.
- Maintain our leading position in tourism and retiree recruitment
- Strengthen programs in support of business retention, economic development and workforce development.
- Establish close liaison with local governments and various community groups through The Horizon Initiative’s cooperative efforts.
The ideal candidate will hold a bachelor’s degree, in relevant field of study, or have completed U.S. Chamber IOM certification or at least be in the process of completing and have a minimum of 10 years of Chamber or management experience and training, in a relevant field. The salary range for the position is $60,000 – $85,000 which includes potential performance incentives. Candidate must demonstrate an ability to work with a Board of Directors and other public and private stakeholders.
Provide a description of how you manage large complex tasks with multiple components and deadlines. Describe the methods, time management tools, or software that you utilize to ensure timely completion and documentation of a project. How you ensure all parties are kept informed and apprised of the project status?
Describe a function/event you handled from concept through execution. Provide details on challenges, attendance, size of staff/volunteers you coordinated, budget, fundraising/sponsorships and other insights into your management style and experience.
Describe your leadership style and experience in working with a Board of Directors. What is your approach to ensure that all parties are engaged and ultimately satisfied with the process?
After reviewing all the material about the community, describe the vision you see for the Chamber moving forward.
Please limit your response to the 4 questions above to three pages maximum.
Submit resume, cover letter, question answers and salary requirements to email@example.com. Indicate President’s Position on subject line or mail to:
Crossville-Cumberland County Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 453
Crossville, TN 38557
Or deliver to 34 South Main Street, Crossville, TN 38555. The deadline to submit package is August 28, 2019.
**If you have a job posting you would like to place on the TCCE website, please contact Carolyn Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org.